GTCHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Monitoring and Response
Greenville Technical Charter High School is committed to providing our school community with factual and up to date information regarding COVID-19. Our goal during this time is to continue high quality instruction while keeping our school community safe.
On this page you can find information about how we are keeping our community safer from COVID-19. Our school operational plan is linked here. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. COVID-19 is spread from person to person through respiratory droplets (SC DHEC Information PDF).
COVID-19 is highly contagious:
- You can become infected by coming into close contact with a person who has COVID-19. COVID-19 is primarily spread from person to person.
- You can become infected from respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks.
- You may also be able to get it by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then by touching your mouth, nose, or eyes. (SC DHEC Information PDF)
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19. Please visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html.
Students must be immediately excluded from school if they experience loss of taste/smell, a new or worsening cough, or shortness of breath.
Students should also not come to school if they have fever, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea (this was already the case pre-COVID-19).
If students has experienced the above symptoms or have been in close contact with anyone with the above symptoms or anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, we need you to reach out to GTCHS to make us aware.
You can help stop the spread of COVID-19 by knowing your Ws. (GTCHS Know Your Ws PDF)
- Wear your mask
- Wait 6 feet apart
- Wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer
Help us keep our campus safe. (Keep Our School Safe PDF)