Posted by Stephanie Beaver on 3/13/2019
Check out these scholarships. Deadlines are approaching, so apply today!
Tywanza Sanders - Legacy Foundation
The Tywanza Sanders Legacy Scholarships provides students seeking to obtain an undergraduate degree at an accredited 4 year college/university in the United States. The foundation provides a one time scholarship that may be used for tuition, books, room and board, and other college fees.
- Be a 2018-2019 graduate from a South Carolina high school
- Be a permanent resident of South Carolina
- Enroll as a full time, undergraduate student at a four year US accredited college/university in Fall 2019
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit a short written essay
Award Amount - $5,000; $2,000; $1,000
Deadline to apply - April 15, 2019
South Carolina Business Week Scholarships
- S. Hunter Howard, Jr. Business Week Scholarship - $5,000
- Ron McNair Leadership Scholarship - $5,000
- Mechanical Contractors Association of SC Scholarship - $2,500
- Chelse Ward Elliott Scholarship - $2,000
Application deadline April 30, 2019
SCEA - Retired Scholarship
The South Carolina Education Association - Retired offers an annual scholarship designed to encourage promising young people to prepare for careers in education. The annual scholarship is $1,000 for students to attend a South Carolina four year college, university, technical college, or community college. The schoolarship will be awarded for 4 consectuive years unless the student graduates early, GPA falls below a 3.0, r decides not to pursue a career in education.
- Graduating senior from a public high school in SC
- Plan to attend a 4 year college, university or an accredited two year college within SC as a full time student
- Pursuing a career in education
- Good high school acadmeic record
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Deomnstrate financial need
Deadline to apply - May 15, 2019
See Ms. Beaver for an application.