This course prepares students to use artistic and technological foundations to create animations. The basic principles of digital animation are reviewed, including character development and story conception through production. Students learn the technical language used in the animation industry and basic animation methods. They will also learn techniques about various ways to plan, create, and prepare for animation in pre-production, production and post-production.
The class will prepare students for learning and working in the 21st century through communication and collaboration tools through real world, student-centered activities which will strengthen students’ technology skills.
The Google Classroom code for this course: (Make sure you join the correct classroom using the code below for your class period.)
Animation 3A: yzvmm4r
Animation 1B: k6jaeyw
Animation 2B: 4zwslmq
Animation 4B: l33vkgd
- A pen or pencil and a three ring binder with notebook paper for taking notes.
- Light-colored pack of sticky notes
- If you have a headset with a microphone you are welcome to use your own, but you do not have to purchase one for the class.
- If you have a drawing tablet you will be able to use it with our computers. You are not required to purchase a drawing tablet.
- There will be times you will have to buy cheap materials for props for your videos. Plenty of notice will be given for providing these materials.